|Busan - Maze market||10 days||IWO-71||SOCI|
|Hwacheon - Act for Peace||12 days||IWO-72||YOUTH|
|Busan - Building Green Society||ENVI|
|Chuncheon - Invisible but Visible||09 Days||IWO-73||DISA|
|Bonghwa - Buddha in Nature||10 Days||IWO-76||YOUTH|
|Jecheon - Nature and city||10 Days||IWO-82||SOCI|
|Wando - Youth Empowering||12 days||IWO-75||YOUTH|
|Yeongwol - Youth Land||YOUTH|
|Yeongwol - Youth Laugh, Loudly||12 days||IWO-81||YOUTH|
|Seongnam - WHV-Forgotten Fortress||9 days||IWO-83||HERI|
|Gongju - Together with Kids||12 days||IWO-84||KIDS, EDUC|
ARCH – Archaeology / AGRI – Agriculture / ARTS – Arts (any type) / CONS –Construction / DISA – Disabled / EDUC – Teaching, Awareness raising / ENVI –Environmental / ELDE – Work with Elderly / FEST – Festival / HERI – Cultural or Heritage / KIDS – Work with Kids / LANG – Language / MANU – Manual / MEDI – Medical / PEACE – Peace / Plant - Plantation / RELIEF – Disaster Relief / RENO – Restoration, Repare / SOCI – Social / SPORTS – Sports / STUDY – Study, Discussion, Research / YOGA – Yoga/ MOTI. – Motivation & Campaign. SURVEY – Data Collection/ YOUTH - Youth, teenagers
1) Number of Volunteers & Duration
- IWO hosts 12-15 volunteers on each workcamp. Each project will have 4-6 Koreans (Including 2 national camp leaders) and 7-10 international volunteers. It can be changed depending on the each project.
- Duration of the project is about 2 weeks.
2) Project Coordinator
- Each project has 2 camp leaders who are trained by IWO. They are also volunteers that prepare the project with IWO. They will coordinate the group to achieve the goals of each project.
3) Accommodation & Food
- Meals and accommodation are provided during the project by the host organization. Volunteers may cook by themselves or be served by the host organization.
- Participants are responsible for keeping the accommodation as clean during the project.
4) Free Time
- Participants are responsible for organizing their own free time with camp leaders during holiday. Host organization will advise volunteer for the information of local attractions.
- IWO provides insurance for accidents only during the project (No dental clinic, illness, 3rd party’s liability compensation). It covers only a percentage of the cost (co-pay) at maximum 40% according to the insurance regulation for foreigners in KOREA. Therefore, Participants MUST bring their own insurance for health, travel and the 3rd party’s liability compensation.
- Korea has convenient public transportation network over the country; therefore, all participants are advised to arrive at Incheon International Airport regardless of their project site. By taking a subway and an airport bus, participants can conveniently arrive from the airport to Seoul. There are many convenient public transportation systems from Seoul to each project sites.
7) Participation fee
- There is No participation fee on STV(Korea workcamp).
8) General Qualifications
- All volunteers are required to speak English.
- Participants should be motivated and be Open-minded to the Asia and local culture such as manners and foods.
- Generally, participants between age 18 and 40 can be accepted except teenager workcamp(14~17 years old).
* Over 35 years old, GVC needs to counsel with IWO before confirmation.
- Volunteers should be aware of this is NOT vacation trip neither cheap travel.
- The illegal drugs is not allowed in Korea.